How to Pull off the Patent Leather Trend


Look 1



Turtleneck: Topshop, Jeans: Gap, Jacket: BlankNYC, Booties: Steve Madden

Look 2 




 Sweater: Jcrew, Skirt: BlankNYC, Jacket: Zara, Booties: Topshop


So, we are seeing the patent leather (or vinyl) trend EVERYWHERE. It crawled the streets of New York during fashion week in every form imaginable (even unimaginable, like pants). Some of my favorite bloggers (Lisa D and Marianna Hewitt) pulled it off and inspired me to give it a try.
I got this patent leather jacket on sale last year and I’m so glad I snatched it up before I even knew it was going to be such a hot trend! Since it’s black it pretty much can add an edgy flare to any outfit. I went pretty simple with jeans and a black turtleneck (I live in turtlenecks over the winter) and paired the look with white booties which are another hot topic at the moment! These white leather booties are another thing that go with practically anything and can add retro glam to any look.  
In the second look I picked out this patent leather skirt that is so easy to dress up or down for any occasion.  Cute with sneakers to run around the city and some fabulous heeled booties or OTK boots for a night out! I went with a cozy oversized camel sweater (one of my favorite color combinations) that gives a cozy yet chic feel. I wore this chocolate brown faux fur to add to the neutral color palette.  And there you have an easy, fashionable and warm dinner ensemble!
Here are two really easy and basic outfits but I cannot wait to get more creative with my patent leather pieces.
Love Not My Mothers Closet? Then you won't want to miss us Instagram @notmymotherscloset !

Comments