Interview Attire



~Shirt: NY&Co. (similar), Jacket: J-Crew (similar), Pants: Forever 21 (similar), Belt: J-Crew (similar), Shoes: Zara (similar)~


Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Thursday I had an interview in the City for a summer internship.  A lot of people think that business attire has to be the classic, uninteresting dark suit.  I completely disagree!  I think there are so many ways to make the classic look look stylish and trendy.

For my interview I still wanted to incorporate a classic feel too the outfit so I wore black capris and a white button down shirt.  To add some flavor I wore a red blazer and finished it off with a leopard belt.  I felt this combined a classic look and some of my personal style the perfect way.

When dressing for work, one way to spice up the outfit is just by wearing a patterned or textured belt.  Belts are one of my favorite ways to incorporate color into an outfit.  They are so easy!  Also remember, when dressing for work you do not always have to wear the dreary ole dark suit.  Have some fun with it! Try something new like bright pumps and a polkadot button down instead of white.  It's summer...now's the time to try it!










Love Not My Mothers Closet? Then you can’t miss it on: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Networked Blogs & Instagram !

Comments