Beyond Fashion

~Shirt: Nordstrom (similar) Skirt: Topshop (similar) Blazer: Gap (similar) Shoe: Bebe (similar) Necklace: J-Crew (similar)~

Hello Readers,
Early this week I was in the city for another interview and I also went to see the Charles James exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  

For my interview I wanted to wear something cool because it was so hot that day so I wore a basic tank top with a white skirt.  I love this skirt because its plain and goes with everything but has the scalloped edge which gives it some simple detail.  I was deciding between wearing a white blazer or a navy blue blazer and I chose navy blue because it broke up the pastel colors.  I didn't wear much jewelry, just this statement pearl necklace.  Individually, I wore very simple items because I wanted the necklace to be the stand-out piece.

Later I headed to the museum...after changing into flats of course...and saw the AMAZING Charles James exhibit.  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it! I took some pictures of the incredible gowns that you can see below but they don't do the gowns justice! 

Enjoy!




Charles James Exhibit













Love Not My Mothers Closet? Then you can’t miss it on: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Networked Blogs, Instagram & Google+ !

Comments

  1. I love most the white skirt and white blazer. This is makes me good looking. boutiqueken is the shop that I used for online shopping for dress and beauty products

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment